Saturday, May 29, 2010

Shredded Beef Tacos

This recipe is practically the same as my carne asada taco recipe that I will definitely post in the future. However, this time I had extra roast beef that needed to be used so I made shredded beef tacos instead. I love mexican food because it is so quick, easy and flavorful. This is a dish that the whole family will enjoy!


Shredded Beef Tacos

1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
1 tomato, chopped
3 limes, quartered
1 lb shredded beef (I shredded the leftover roast beef that I cooked on Sunday)
1/2 cup water
1 package of taco seasoning
1 package of queso fresco (found in the fridge section at Wal-Mart near the cream cheese and uncooked tortillas)
1 package of corn tortillas

1. Combine water, taco seasoning and roast beef in skillet and cook on medium heat until heated through.
2. Put queso fresco in a bowl and use a fork to break up and crumble the cheese.
3. Warm tortillas in a skillet according to package directions.
4. Arrange two tortillas on a plate fill with seasoned shredded beef. Top with crumbled queso fresco, chopped tomato and cilantro. Squeeze fresh lime juice over each taco and top with salsa or taco sauce of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment