Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oven Roasted Vegetable Pasta

Okay, so my pictures for this post aren't so great but the food definitely was! I wasn't sure what to make for dinner so I rummaged through the fridge and pantry to find something to throw together and this is what I came up with. It was super quick and turned out quite tasty. You can't go wrong with warm pasta and roasted veggies. I may even try adding spinach next time. mmmmmm...mmmmm....


I love roasted veggies and this dish is full of them! Roasting really brings out the natural juices and flavors of vegetables and they are wonderful!


Oven Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Serves: 2
Total Time: 35 minutes

1 Zucchini
1 Red Pepper
3/4 cup Grape Tomatoes
2 cups Pasta (I used bowtie)
1/4 cup Pesto Sauce
2-3 Tbls Herb and Garlic Marinade Sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Chop zucchini, red pepper and grape tomatoes and place in a large bowl
3. Add marinade sauce and stir to coat vegetables
4. Arrange vegetables on a cookie sheet (I covered mine with tin foil for easy clean up =]), salt and pepper to taste and bake for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft and cooked all the way through 
5. As the vegetables are roasting, prepare noodles according to your preferences
6. Combine noodles, pesto sauce and cooked vegetables in a large bowl
7. Stir to coat vegetables and noodles evenly with pesto sauce. Add more pesto sauce if needed. 
8. Top with parmesan cheese and serve 

Note: You can even use my creamy pesto sauce instead of plain pesto sauce. I used plain pesto sauce in this recipe to limit my calories but you will LOVE the creamy pesto sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment